Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reck-Order


Today I felt like a real journalist! Scoping out new scenes, meeting new people, digging deep into stories...

Actually, this is false. I did none of that today... I DID, however, just try out my new Audio Recorder in class! Let me just say it was a highlight! I got to test it out like a real journalist, interviewing my fellow teammates, pushing buttons I didn't understand, and gauging for external interferences such as wind and small chatter! Oh boy, it was fun!

Behind this facade, however, I am quite nervous to use my audio recorder. It has been a long time since I have handled one: for one previous assignment, completed ages ago, my recorder would continuously stop recording, even during my interview. It was incredibly unpleasant , especially when I had to insist my interview subject reitterate what had already been spoken.

Alas, this year will be different! This year, with my trusty recorder in hand, I will complete many pleasing interviews and I will not screw up!

...It also didn't help that my previous audio recorder was a cellphone...

No comments:

Post a Comment