Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tight Rope

I feel somewhat lost with regards to my story ideas for Ron's class. It's not that I feel my ideas aren't worthy of our magazine, but that I won't be able to write a cohesive story with adequate sources in it (!).

When we were given the Story and Project Development Handout today, I felt scared... scared because I did not want to see another handout telling me what I should be doing right, when all this time, it seems as if I've been doing something wrong. I don't mean to say that I'm completely lost and unable to find hope, but I can't help but feel stressed about finding a focus for all my story ideas. It seems when I find something I'm interested in talking about, my topics are too broad, too simple, too unfocused... and this irritates me.

However, now that I was honest about that, I am actually quite relieved to have the guideline, as it has the potential to make my life much easier. I really like how it is broken down into different categories and different processes that can insure me a successful project.

Alright, so this was going to be that part where I introduced some of the stories I'm interested in working with, but this part will have to wait... I haven't quite figured out what stories I want to work with.... not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment