Saturday, November 28, 2009

four hours

I am having some serious self doubts. Way more than my usual, "how am I gonna get this story done"or "my sources are not getting back to me" type of doubts.  Today's layout disaster seriously has me doubting myself in this program. how did I get in?the other guys in here are geniuses- they seem to breeze past the tasks that i am struggling with.
so do i really belong here?  
I thought that I was strong in some areas and weaker in others. I thought Layout was one of my strengths, but apparently I am not strong enough. or maybe i should just stop letting intellectual sadists toy with my mind.
I find that my writing is also weakening- perhaps I am getting too tired. 
But isn't there supposed to be that second wind  where inspiration, talent and drive collide to create the perfect masterpiece? where is it?
I guess this is supposed to be the time where I pep myself up by reminding myself of all those famously brilliant people who failed and still prevailed over their failures. but after spending 4 hours working (and reworking) one simple layout and  4.5 hours stuck in traffic, i am really not in the mood for pep. I'm in the mood for a nap- a 4  hour one.

No comments:

Post a Comment