Tuesday, October 20, 2009

arrghhh! it's still alive?


Hey Guys

Its been a while since my last post and I do apologise for that. I will try to post more often. I am so glad to see that many of peers have already started their second and third stories. I am still waiting to bury my first. Don't get me wrong- I have put this story to rest numerous times but there is a force (shall I call him Gil Grissom?) who just keeps on resurrecting it. Gil keeps demanding that I redo the post-mortem of my story- pointing out little details and facts that I don't feel apply to the original story. I don't think that even the great David Caruso can save me with one of his brilliant lines.


When I first finished my story, I was feeling proud, relieved and anxious- like a parent sending their child to her first day of school. Is she going to do well? How will the other stories react to her? What if she (gasp) doesn't get read?

But now after finding out that Gil wants me to look at irrelevant " evidence" my wanton pride kicks in,"What do you mean,it's not good enough- You're not good enough!" I sputtered , vented and fumed.
So,after calming myself down by boiling numerous cups of tea; I spent some extra time on my story, exploring the suggested avenues, and making the necessary changes without comprising the original body.
However Gil still does not think that it is good enough.
I haven't given up on my story but I am wondering if Gil just being really thorough or just being ridiculous. Some of the details he wants me to look at don't even align with the original story. I am sure that even on CSI, there would be a point where they would smack Gil up the head and unplug the microscope- right?

I don't think that I am making sense right now- it could be the four hours of sleep that I am running on but I think that I am using like two different metaphors to describe the same thing. I hope that I didn't confuse you guys too much.


Is it really immature and silly for me to just wish this story would just be buried ? At this point the only thing that is lying six feet under is my ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment