Saturday, October 31, 2009

coming along.... i guess...

Okay so I finally sat down to write the intro -- decided to go with a personal anecdote and after showing in to Ron and getting comments back I realized it just didn't work.  Then I was sick and feeling sorry for myself for a week so didn't touch it for a while...  But I rewrote the intro and am working on the body as we speak...  I think the idea I took on was really broad and I guess I was surprised that after my 3 interviews there seemed like less of a link between the 3 immigrant experiences than I thought there would be so strategy today:  write out what I think is important and striking about each interview and worry about the link later.  So that is what i am doing... Claudia Katz is nearly done and next will be richard.  Goal is to have rough copy by monday though I am 99% sure that once finished i will have to rewrite completely as a get a clearer direction --possible thoughts:
narrowing the article to share that one experience each remembers as very telling about the transition so for claudia seeing her first african american man, for richard realizing canada wasn't the same as his image from the movies and not sure about ali yet... oh well... back to the computer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment