Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Started.

So I now have all three interviews with immigrants.  Though i am tempted to interview one more since I have already made contact but we'll see...
The truth is I probably have enough I have just been dragging my feet on starting.  So today i sat down to do it.  I tried a couple of drafts of an intro and they all seemed really cheesy and over the top.  I really wanted to set up the idea the immigrant experience is difficult and something we kind of take for granted and really feel little sympathy for but it was coming off all wrong. So I decided to write what made me personally appreciate immigrants -- the experience of moving to prague and just being really miserable for a period of time.  so I wrote that and i believe it is a much stronger start but I am not sure if we are allowed to put ourselves in the story.  I know its a no-no for newsreporting class but does it fly for this class?  it is a better beginning than i had before so i hope i can keep it.  its not perfect but...
and as for the body now... I just find starting really hard.  now i have to start richards story.  and richard's story is strong as is Claudia's but i might ditch the third in favor of something else.. I am not super feeling it and richard and claudia have the commonality of having left their home countries for political reasons and it makes the third story kind of not fit.. but i dont know if i am not just over thinking it.  i have 3 inerviews i should just go for it right?...
enough thinking.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment